Paediatric Services | Punggol | Singapore
Paediatric services or children health services are a core part of the work that we do at Zenith Medical Clinic, Punggol. The World Health Organisation (WHO) recognises anyone below 18 years old to be a paediatric or child.
Are we paediatricians?
Absolutely not. We are family physicians who are very comfortable with seeing children as part of our work and life mission. We do not have the specialist accreditation and the specialist training required to be called a paediatric specialist (think: an extra 5 to 10 years of a qualified doctor’s life spent studying and only seeing children). Nonetheless we are absolutely confident we are able to deal with most of (perhaps up to 90%) your child’s common problems and for the rest of the 10%, we will refer you to the appropriate paediatric specialists.
Where did all our experience come from?
Punggol has the highest concentration of children in the entire Singapore. You see children literally everywhere in Punggol. Ever felt like you are low on energy? Try visiting one of these playgrounds nearby or our nearest mall, Punggol Waterway Point.
Being in Punggol, we LOVE seeing children. We are usually the first point of contact for any illness e.g. child running a fever, having a running nose, a cough that wakes him/her up, non-stop vomiting, bad diarrhea, wheezing and breathlessness, rash, and many others. Not sure what is wrong with him/her? Let us figure out!
On a bad day, our clinic is packed like a war zone with children vomiting everywhere and the nebuliser machine working non-stop.
As such, we have no lack of experience in caring for your little ones. See us when your child is sick and see us for advice on how to make him/her healthier.
Convenient opening hours
We are opened at convenient hours. After you come home from work, bathe and eat your dinner, you may discover that you darling son/daughter is sick. What should you do now? You can consider seeing us first, to start treatment and plan for the next course of action. Then, you may went to bring your child to KK Women’s and Children Hospital or see your usual paediatrician the next day.
We also offer comprehensive childhood vaccinations and the KIASU protection package (have you ever felt obsessive enough to want to fill up every line in the health booklet vaccination page?) Speak to us now!
Is there something we do not see?
Yes, we currently do not see neonatal jaundice (yellow newborns), as we do not have the equipment to test your baby’s bilirubin levels. The equipment costs money to upkeep and we do not have enough cases of this type to justify it. Please head to the nearest polyclinic or paediatric specialist.
Fever in babies less than 1 month old is also something that we have trouble dealing with. They are best seen at KK Women’s and Children’s Hospital Children’s Emergency (KKH).
Otherwise, we do not have an age limit. We often see children from newborns to 18-year-olds.